image1 image2 image3 image4 image5 image6 image7 image8 image9 image10 image11 image12 image13 image14 image15

WAVES OF EXISTENCE|ELAINE AND DART'S BLOG|WHAT WE IMAGINE|WE CREATE

My museum hunt

Apart from being a frustrated writer, and also a photographer in the making, i'm also this "self-proclaimed artist" that loved arts like other people out there. Checking out art galleries, looking at the paintings, visiting exhibits from various museums around the metro, it gave me a huge realization within myself that this is what i really want in life, being an artist and appreciating stuff related to arts.

I decided to conduct a museum tour around the metro, to visit and look at the current exhibitions that are being presented in various museums. Luckily, there's this one museum that really caught my attention a few days ago, and fortunately, it's just near my place. *Like, 1 jeepney and then walk until you reach the museum, IT'S JUST IN UP DILIMAN OKAY*
UP Vargas Museum is, well, obviously, the nearest museum as to where i live. And, tbh, it's my first time visiting the museum (aside from me seeing the museum every time i go to UP for an early morning jog, this is my first time entering the museum itself). After doing some serious research about the museum, and on the latest exhibitions they have, i decided to go visit the place.

Tuesday, February 23rd, 2016.
I woke up early today, i'm excited because at last, my dreams of touring museums would actually come true.
I had to ask my cousin to accompany me to go to UP because I can't do it all by myself. (for now, i still can't.)
We went to UP at around 11am. It's scorching hot, and idk why but i'm too shy to wear shades that time, i'm not quite certain of the reason why but i'm embarrassed.
Anyway, we walked for like 20 minutes just to reach the museum. (Luckily for me, i'm familiar with the place) And after entering the museum, i felt ecstatic and happy because of the paintings i saw after coming in. The Daloy Exhibit on the 1F really got me attracted with it. Of course, I had to take some pictures, each canvass represent different kinds of figures but relating to a single theme: Water. The Daloy Exhibit is also a part of the Project Bakawan, to which it "is a collaborative art festival that started last February 2015 in different spaces in UP Diliman. It seeks to establish a network of art practitioners, academics, students, and community organizations in order to secure a sustainable future against the current ecological and global crisis."-UP Vargas Museum



As I was saying, these paintings represent different figures. It may not look like it, but each canvass has this water element in it, which made each painting unique in its own way.

Apart from the Daloy exhibit, at the second floor were the permanent paintings of the Jorge Vargas exhibit which consisted of different kinds of paintings from various artists like Juan Luna and Felix Hidalgo to name a few. 

*Not really my style, but heck this is art!*

Then came the 3rd floor, this time, a different kind of exhibit by Lyra Garcellano. I read her works from a known website and it featured her two projects namely: Dear Artist and Double Consciousness, and it's more known as TWOFOLD in that sense. Dear Artist and Double Consciousness come together as one, revealing how artists situate and present themselves in the art world, the very institution that constitutes their worth.



Now that I've shared my experience after having a museum tour at UP Vargas Museum, and after learning lots of stuff from looking at the paintings and exhibits from the said museum, i shall continue my exploration around the metro for more art galleries to visit. I think i'll stick to being an artist sometime soon, it's a passion i've always wanted to really concentrate on after i graduate. (Sorry FS, maybe i'll tread on a different path after i finish college)




That's a wrap, then. More adventures to share soon. 


-E.A.T.S. 022416





Share this post

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment