image1 image2 image3 image4 image5 image6 image7 image8 image9 image10 image11 image12 image13 image14 image15

WAVES OF EXISTENCE|ELAINE AND DART'S BLOG|WHAT WE IMAGINE|WE CREATE

Back to School Feels

Waking up to a new day and realizing it's Monday. Thoughts came crashing in my mind, reminding myself that semester break is now over. Second semester for my Junior year in College has arrived. Back to reality.
To be honest, my mood with regards to first day of school ain't that exciting, because of the fact that i already know who my classmates are, and we've just finished our school activity 2 weeks ago. So basically i only had a week-long break and then back to school.

Coming to a place where knowledge is being acquired, where we usually see professors and fellow people whom we call as our classmates and eventually, our friends as well. Looking at the hundreds of people passing by halls and corridors, the long line of people who pays their tuition fees, i told myself "it's official. let's do this."

I actually thought that i'll be late today, since first day feels can sometimes be very nerve-wrecking. But since i'm near to finishing my studies, laziness and the desire to just stay at home and just live your life could actually be a factor why students like me leave the house at the time when you're first period would start. Funny, right?
My class starts at 2:30PM every Mondays (and Wednesdays too), but i'm still at home at that specific time earlier this afternoon, looking at myself in the mirror, Arctic Monkeys playing in the background, and not thinking that it's already time for me to attend my classes. I went to school all relaxed, strolling whilst admiring the view of my surroundings. Arriving at my classroom later on, i noticed that there's this small amount of people inside. But since i know them all and i'm friends with everybody inside the room, my entrance has been, quite good actually. Hi-fives with my classmates and then, had a chitchat with my bunch. (i call them as "bunch" instead of "squad" because the word "squad" is mainly used by people nowadays, and it's too mainstream for me)

No professors came. Boring atmosphere. Few classmates inside the classroom. Finished reading a novel after hours of waiting for a teacher to arrive. Suddenly i asked my friends to go out and drink coffee in Starbucks. And so we did.
It's been an ecstatic feeling being with my bunch because i consider them as my 5 sisters from different mothers, really. I love them so much even though we're all not that vocal, but of course, actions speak louder than words.And so it happened. Since we had no classes today(the whole day, yes! because professors ain't around, and we don't want to go home yet, so it's pretty normal for friends to hang out at places), we hung out at Starbucks earlier, chilled inside the coffee place, sipping coffee, talking to each other about experiences in life and our day-to-day living these past few days.

So, basically, first day feels today and it's been a blast! Now that we're back on track, more plans and first time experiences with my bunch, i know this semester will be a great one, again.


(we're 6 in the bunch, actually, but the other 2 were absent, so 4 of us went to Starbucks)
(Christmas Panettone Frappuccino)

Jusqu'à ma prochaine entrée de blog. Merci et bonne nuit!

-Elaine



Since I'm extremely exhausted and sleep deprived, I'm going to make my part short. I'm sure my big sister had fun when she returned to her college. As for me, I had fun as well. Going back to Asia Pacific College really brings back the feelings of new hope I have for my future there.

As a college freshman (or "frosh" as we're fondly called), I have a lot of years left to take in and I'm excited with almost everything that will come my way. Being back at the college I love really makes me feel more encouraged to make the most out of life.

I'm not sure if this really makes any sense or not, and I apologize for that. But yeah, generally speaking, going back to school feels great.

—Dart

Share this post

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment